July 14, 2010

Antique Market Porte de Clignancourt in Paris

This was my first time at the wonderful flea/antique market at Porte de Clignancourt. I was very discouraged at first as I was surrounded by stalls full of modern designer knock-offs and cheap souvenirs. Thankfully it turned out the antique part of the market was further down the street. It fully lived up to my hopes and expectations and I had such a wonderful time there. I hadn't brought a lot of money so I didn't really buy anything despite the plethora of wonderful vintage parisian accessories, clothes, furniture, and knick knacks. I did however take lots of pictures. 









The market area is made up of intertwining paths full of stalls and shops that were covered in blossoming purple flowers. People were very nice but most didn't want me to take pictures of their goods. Some however were very nice about it. I found several things that I really wanted and I could have kicked myself for not bringing enough cash.























No comments:

Post a Comment